Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And now for something completely different


In the immortal words of Monty Python I present the DeltaWing race car concept for the IndyCar series. A design team led by one of Chip Ganassi's engineers created this concept that is one of several concepts that have been unveiled this week for the new 2012 IndyCar chassis. An, well it's...different. Part soapbox derby, part jet fighter, part race car, part spaceship, it is vastly different than the current IndyCar chassis that dates back to 2003 (and looks like $h*t).

Current Dallara chassis.
Not sure what else to say at this point. Being somewhat of a traditionalist I'm not sure how I feel about this drastic departure from conventional open-wheeled cars. At this point, I think I like the Swift chassis the best, but am thrilled that there are some people in IndyCar who can have a creative idea. I look forward to seeing the next car, assuming the series can survive that long. But that rant is for another day.
Swift Concept

0 comments:

Post a Comment